This recipe is so quick and easy! One of our favorites!
- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (we like it shredded)
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3/4 cup seasoned croutons, crushed
Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, mix cream cheese and 1 tablespoon softened butter; beat until smooth. Add chicken, chives, salt, pepper, milk and pimientos; mix well.
Separate or cut dough into 4 rectangles. If using crescent dough, firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto center of each rectangle. Pull 4 corners of dough to center of chicken mixture; twist firmly. Pinch edges to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush tops of sandwiches with 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle with crushed croutons.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.